Journal of Erie Studies
The Journal of Erie Studies was launched as a joint scholarly venture by the Erie County Historical Society and Mercyhurst College in 1972. Both institutions continued to co-sponsor the journal for the next twenty years. Beginning in 1993 the Erie County Historical Society assumed sole responsibility for publication.
The stated geographic area of interest of The Journal of Erie Studies has been broadened to include areas farther to the east, west and south of Erie County and relevant parts of the north shore of Lake Erie.
The editorial policy of The Journal of Erie Studies is to accept scholarly papers that foster interest in and understanding of the history and culture of the Erie County area radiating to the east, west and south and including Erie-related portions of Ontario. Manuscripts are welcome. They should be typed or computer-keyed and submitted on paper and electronically if possible to:
The Journal of Erie Studies
419 State Street
Erie, PA 16501
Please put ATT: EDITOR JES in the subject area.
The target manuscript length is 25-30 pages.
For additional information call 814.454.1813 x32.